Why switch at 14?
Moving to the UTC at 14
There are many great reasons to choose UTC@MediaCityUK at 14. Here are the top three:
- You are already passionate about working in this area and want to get a head start building the skills, knowledge and experience to really succeed in your career.
- You want to follow a curriculum that gives you qualifications in the vital core subjects, but which also allows you to spend more time on preparing for your career.
- You would like the chance to study subjects in years 10 and 11 that most schools and colleges do not offer until the sixth form. You also want to make a seamless transition from GCSE to A levels, to continue your preparation for the world of work or further study beyond that
Be one step ahead
Changing school at 14 is becoming more common. There are already nearly 50 UTCs as well as other schools offering the option to switch between Years 9 and 10. Now is a great time to get ahead of the game and be amongst the first to benefit from the unique opportunities we offer.
What we look for in our students
We welcome applications from students who are passionate about the creation and application of digital content, wherever you live.
There are no fees and no entrance exam or selection criteria to join the UTC at Key Stage 4.
Supporting your move
We provide extensive support to you and your parents to ensure your make a successful and happy transition to the UTC.
- You will have opportunities to talk to the Principal and staff, to attend workshops in the UTC and the University, and meet the employer partners
- Once you and your parents have made the decision to come, we will continue to work with your existing school so that you can take advantage of some extended visits to the UTC towards the end of your Year 9 on Saturdays and in the holidays
- We want every student to be happy and to have the time and contact with our staff to ask any questions, use the resources and equipment, and meet and get to know fellow students
At 14 the only qualification you need is a passion for the creative and digital industries