Computer Science Year 12
Exam Board: OCR
Your first year in Computer science will include studying the following major topics:
1. Components of the Computer & Assembly Language
2. System Software
3. Software Development
4. Binary, hex & Representation of data & Boolean Logic
5. Database Development
6. Networking and web technologies
7. Legal, ethical, moral and cultural issues
8. Introduction to programming
9. Computational thinking
10. Programming techniques
11. Advanced programming
How will we be assessed?
Formative assessment of students’ understanding will be ongoing through class tests and practical programming assignments.