DRESS CODE – Years 10 & 11
We want our students to feel work ready: to feel confident when meeting employers, pitching ideas or delivering products. Instead of a traditional school uniform, we have a technical dress code that all students follow.
- UTC polo shirt with logo – purchase online
- UTC hoodie with logo – purchase online
- Plain black trousers, leggings, skirt (with black tights) or jeans – no rips or branding
- Plain black shoes, boots or trainers
- UTC colour-coded lanyard with ID badge – provided on enrolment
- A suitable bag for equipment
- UTC T-shirt or hoodie – purchase online
- Black jogging bottoms or leggings
- General purpose trainers
SIXTH FORM DRESS CODE
The post-16 dress code requires students to dress appropriately for the roles in the creative industries that they are preparing for. This can include jeans and other casual clothing, as long as students appear smart and professional.
We are a creative environment, and we are happy for students in all year groups to express their individuality through their clothing, hair style and make up, as long as they meet the requirements of the dress code for their year group, and any subject- or task-specific health and safety requirements.
The Principal takes the final decision regarding the suitability of clothing and appearance. If students are uncertain whether a particular item complies with the dress code, it is always better to check in advance with the Principal or another member of the Senior Leadership Team. In cases where the Principal feels that a student’s appearance does not meet the dress code, the student may be withdrawn from lessons and/or required to return home to change. If a student is required to return home, the parent will be informed prior to the student leaving the site.