Computer Science Year 13
Exam Board: OCR
Your second year in Computer science will include studying the following major topics:
1. Improving the performance of processor and memory addressing
2. Compiler, linkers and loaders
3. Computer arithmetic
4. Software and legal issues
5. Data structures & databases
6. Compression, network threats & web searching
7. Programming languages & object orientated languages
8. Computational methods
How will we be assessed?
Formative assessment of students’ understanding will be ongoing through class tests and practical programming assignments.
Having spent many hours developing your programming skills it should be the time to begin solving a much larger problem for your Non-Exam Assessment (NEA). The NEA is worth 20% of your grade and will require a lot of effort from you. You will be able to choose your own topic. In this time you must analyse the problem, design a solution, code it, test it, then evaluate it. It’s a large task, but you will be fully prepared for it from the work covered last term.
Your second year completing the NEA will consist of the following stages: